Sunday 13 November 2011

To blog or not to blog – That is the question

In our English class we have our own blog, and we also have our own twitter now. Using social media in teaching gives us a bit of variation, and personally I think it is a good way to learn. By having a blog, and having to write blog posts almost every week is a nice way for me to maintain my writing skills in English. It is something different. But sometimes I miss the old fashion teaching, when the teacher talked and wrote down thing on the blackboard and the students took notes. I don’t understand all the fuzz about the schools having to modernize the school system. Of course we have to keep up with technology and vary the teaching, but too much variation can be confusing. I like having a blog, and twitter, but sometimes I wish we could do something else than just writing blog posts. But blogging have been a positive experience, today I found out that just this last month almost 200 people have been on my blog. The thing that I found especially cool is that I have readers from many different countries; USA, Russia, Brazil, Malaysia, Germany, Greece, The Netherlands and South – Korea. So, all in all, I enjoy having a blog, and now also Twitter, but I hope that we won’t focus too much on social media and this whole new way of teaching. 

What do you think about using blog in teaching?


No comments:

Post a Comment